Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Altec Lansing model 19 studio monitors

  1. #11
    Inactive Member blankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just want to add that I am the proud owner of 4 Model 19s used for my Home Theater system (Klipsch RC7 Center Channel & Velodyne 15 " Sub). I drive them all with 300 RMS and after almost 30 years they are still going strong. I WILL NEVER REPLACE THESE SPEAKERS!

  2. #12
    Inactive Member hifi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2004
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got to hook mine back up this last weekend, I run 250 to each of them off of a Adcom 5800, preamped by my Harmon Kardon AVR-320, they sound GOOOOOOOD!!!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jim, 1)I currently have another pair of Klipschorns I am re-finishing. I can not tackle 2 projects at the same time. 2) The cost of the build will be as much as buying a pair. 3) When or if I ever sell the ROI is not there, all that people would want would be the drivers and horns.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dylani,
    If your room is big enough to accomodate the A7's you may find it easier to acquire a set of the cabinets on ebay or elsewhere and then fill them yourself.

    I have done this but I'm kind of cheating. I am not using Altec Drivers in mine (lowering my head in shame) but what's in there certainly does work nicely. The drivers are Selenium, and the cabinet port has been shrunk to less than 100 inches.

    blankster,
    Can I come over and watch TV at your place? Holy (you know what) that's quite the set-up. How big is your room?

    Cal

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am doing the same for the A7s that I am getting -- stuffing them with TAD 1601a -- still deciding on HF/Horn combination.....

  6. #16
    Inactive Member blankster's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The room is 20 x 20 and I sit pretty close to the middle. My first model 19s were bought in 1977 from a retailer going out of business. I paid 450 for each and I took out my first loan to pay for them (I was 22). After that my parents kicked me out and me and my speakers lived in a smaller home until I got married 12 years later and moved again. Once and a while the wife comments on their size but thats as far as it goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.